To develop as an internationally reputed institute for trade policy research, and a centre of excellence for education and training of the highest standard on trade and business related subjects.
This vision is to be achieved by gradually developing the structure, operational processes and human resource capacity of the BFTI, in order to effectively perform the mandated functions over a period of time. The core activities as envisaged in the vision are:
- Applied research on international economic law and trade policy;
- Policy advice on international economic law, trade-related regulatory frameworks and trade policy;
- Practical training and capacity building on international economic law, trade regulation, economic policy making and international negotiations;
- Recognized and accredited advanced academic programs on international economic law, international commerce, international business, and trade policy;
- A public access information centre for the laws and regulations governing trade in Bangladesh and in its major trading partners.