Training on “Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modeling and its Applications”
Date : 18 to 22 August, 2013
Venue : Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute Conference Hall, TCB Bhaban (5th Floor), 1 Karwan bazar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute (BFTI)
Prof. Dr. Inkyo Cheong, Inha University, Incheon, Korea.
Participants were drawn from government offices, various chambers of commerce and research organizations. Participating companies/organizations were:
• Ministry of Commerce(MoC)
• Export Promotion Bureau (EPB)
• Bangladesh Tariff Commission (BTC)
• Chief Controller of Imports and Exports (CCI&E)
• National Board of Revenue (NBR)
• Federation OF Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FBCCI)
• Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI)
• Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MCCI)
• Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute (BFTI)
To advance the participants in applying the abstract models of general equilibrium theory into a practical tool for policy analysis.
The training course attempted to provide a clear understanding of numerical models based on equilibrium theory. The course dealt in detail with: basic introduction of CGE, CGE modeling and simulation, GEMPACK and Tablo syntax, GTAP model, database aggregation and simulation, policy shocks through tax/tariff and price linkage, GTAP consumption structure, production structure, CES Behavioral Equations, Armington structure and its implication, GTAP global specification and technical progress. The training methodology was highly participative and exercise oriented.