Training on “Rules and Procedures for Import, Export and Customs”
Date : 11, 12 and 14 May, 2014
Venue : Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute Conference Hall, TCB Bhaban (5th Floor), 1 Karwan bazar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute (BFTI)
A group of 11 trainers (specialists/administrators) from the Customs, VAT & Excise wings of NBR, CCI&E and BFTI.
Participants comprised representatives/officials from public and private sector organizations/companies, as bellow:
• ABA Group
• Walton Group
• Runner Group
• Walton Hi-Tech Industries Ltd
• Walton Micro-Tech Corporation
• Baghdad Shipping
• Summit Power Ltd
• Northwest Industries Ltd
• Singer Bangladesh Ltd
• Asian Paints (Bangladesh) Ltd
• Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd
• Hi-Care Cargo Services
• Bangladesh Tariff Commission (BTC)
• Export Promotion Bureau (EPB)
• National Consumer Rights Protection Department (DNCRP)
• Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters association (BKMEA)
• Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management, University of Dhaka
To facilitate the participants in handling Customs rules & procedures while dealing with import/export activities of their organizations confidently and accurately.
The training course attempted to provide an in-depth understanding about import/export and customs rules and procedures at functional levels. The participants were expected to be able to handle import/export and customs related procedures accurately on completion of the training course. The course dealt at length with issues such as: overview of import and export procedures, government policies relating to import/export, documentations required for import and export, HS classification, banking procedures relating to import/export, customs clearance, procedure of assessment of duties and taxes and other related Matters. The training methodology was highly participative.