Workshop on “Trade Flows and Trade Policy Analysis”
Date : 7-11 October, 2013
Venue : Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute Conference Hall, TCB Bhaban (5th Floor), 1 Karwan bazar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Jointly organized by WTO, ESCAP/ARTNeT and BFTI
1. Dr. Cosimo Beverelli from Economic Research and Statistics Division (ERSD), World Trade Organization (WTO).
2. Dr. Witada Anukoonwattaka from Trade Policy and Analysis Section, United Nations ESCAP.
Participants were drawn from public and private sector organizations/research institutes, as below:
• Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce & Industries
• Bangladesh Tariff Commission
• Export Promotion Bureau
• Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce & Industries
• Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute
• Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies
• Office of the Chief Controller of Import and Exports (CCIE)
• Ministry of Commerce
To improve the capacity of the participants in trade research through policy analysis.
The workshop aimed at advancing the knowledge and research skills of the participants with the application of various tools for trade flows and policy analysis, such as -- econometric methodology and Stata applications , simulation tools for partial equilibrium and gravity equation. It also focused on areas, such as, firms and international trade, firm-level research using World Bank Enterprise Survey dataset, ARTNeT online gravity tool, non-tariff measures (NTMs) and analysis of their impacts, utilization of ESCAP/WB Trade Cost Database.