- Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)
BFTI submitted the final signed report of Joint Feasibility Study on Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) between Bangladesh and India to Ministry of Commerce on August 25, 2022
- 03 Studies- Bangladesh Regional Connectivity Project-1 (BRCP1)
Bangladesh Foreign Trade institute, (BFTI) completed the 03 studies in collaboration with Keystone Business Support Company Limited and submitted the final report to the Bangladesh Regional Connectivity Project-1 (BRCP-1). Three studies include:
Study 1: Comparative analysis of trade policies of Bangladesh and its competing countries, particularly Vietnam, China, Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand
Study 2: Identification of potential countries for signing Free Trade Agreements.
Study 3: Review and Reforming the “Bangladesh Land Port Authority Act 2001”.
- Feasibility of Third Party EXIM Cargo Transportation through Coastal and Protocol Route between Bangladesh and India
A study funded by the Ministry of Shipping to recommend the position Bangladesh should take with regards to the proposed amendments by India in terms of allowing third party EXIM cargo through the proposed ports.
- Industry-wise and firm-level Awareness-building strategy, plan and training need assessment (Gap Analysis, TNA) for
- Leather & leathergoods, Footwear Sector,
- Plastics Sector and
- Light Engineering Sector
- The studies are being conducted under the Component 1: Market Access Support Programme of the Export Competitiveness for Jobs (EC4J) Project, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh, and the World Bank Group.
- Analysing the Gap in Issuing Certificates of Standards for Export
A study on analysing the gap in issuing certificates of standards for export of Bangladeshi products to various destinations overseas as a measure of expansion an diversification of Bangladeshi exports.
- Non-Tariff Measures/ Barriers Faced by Bangladesh While Exporting to Major Export Destinations
Funded by: Strengthening Institutional Capacity and Human Resources Development for Trade Promotion Project, (EIF Tier-1)
WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh
- Study on Export Potentials of Trade in Services in Bangladesh: Identifying the Opportunities and Challenges
Prepared for: EIF Tier-1 WTO Cell, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh
- Scoping Study on Paperless Trade Reforms in Bangladesh
Funded By: British Council PROKAS-Programme
- Time-Bound Study of the RMG Sector of Bangladesh
- The Economic and Social Impact of Liberalisation through Preferential Trade Agreements – The Case of the Ready-Made Garments and the Leather & Leathergoods Sectors: A Country Study on Bangladesh
Prepared for The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP)
- Analysing Export Readiness of the Vegetables Sector of Bangladesh
KATALYST, An Agri-business for Trade Competitiveness Project (ATC-P)
- Sector-based Need Assessment Study of Business Promotion Council
- Leather Sector
- Light Engineering Sector
- Medicinal Plants and Herbal Products’ Sector
- Fishery Products’ Sector
- Agro Products’ Sector
Prepared for: Business Promotion Council (BPC)
- Tourists’ Attitude towards Tourism in Bangladesh
jointly conducted by the Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute, the University of Dhaka and the Daffodil International University.
- Geographic Indication
Its Significance for Bangladesh and way forward Initiatives
- Global recession and exports of Bangladesh
- The Shipbuilding Industry in Bangladesh
Current Position and Prospects for Future Growth
- Price Movement
Preparation of a research paper on the global and local supply-demand situation of essential commodities, viz; rice and wheat.
- Export Growth: Recent trends and future Challenges
- Implications of Duty Free Tariff Preference (DFTP) Scheme declared by India for Bangladesh
- Accessing New Labor Market Sectors for the Less Skilled Bangladeshi Workers” (ACCESS)
- Analysis on the impact of NAFTA Trade
- Duty-Free market access in Republic of Korea: Potentials for LDCs and Bangladesh Provided in Cooperation with:
Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), Bangkok
- Export Performance of Bangladesh Global Recession and After Working paper